Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Opening a trading account

To open a stock trading account, you will usually need to bring along the following items:

1. Your Singapore Identity Card (NRIC) or your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not belong to either of the two categories, you will need to bring along your valid passport as documentary proof.
2. If you have a CPF investment account number, you should also write down the number if you want to use CPF to buy shares.

The CDP Linkage form is required by the Central Depository Pte Ltd to link your securities trading account to your Global Securities Account. The stock broking firm should have the CDP linkage form

Non-Singapore Residents
For foreign investors, as according to SGX-ST Rules, investors not residing in Singapore will need the endorsement of their account opening forms by a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths. The submission of their account opening forms should be done together with the enclosure of a photocopy of their valid passports, a declaration by the concerned Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths and as well as the mentioned deposit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List